Agents of Change: How AI have expanded human creativity
A new field of digital art is stretching the boundaries of creativity and disrupting how art is made. Artists build autonomous robots to collaborate with, feed algorithms with data, and train machines to generate novel visual works. They work with computer programs that mimic the human mind to generate a never-ending stream of unique artworks. Artificial intelligence has emerged as a desirable collaborator in artistic creation. AI artists embrace the interplay between accident and control and use AI to find a balance between the two while developing novel concepts and visuals. We are already seeing it in pop album covers, gracing traditional art gallery walls, and expanding our notion of computer-generated art. AI systems can learn to compose original music in the style of Elvis Presley, generate paintings as if it was unique by Caravaggio, or even create motion picture and animation in collaboration with an artist. What is more, AI assistants can also help conservators recreate long-lost art historical masterpieces by analysing artworks and learning the unique style of any artist that ever lived. Read on to uncover more about AI art, discover milestones in its history and find out about accessible tools to create AI-generated images.
What is AI Art?
AI art refers to art generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence. AI is a field of computer science that focuses on building machines that mimic human intelligence or even simulate the human brain through a set of algorithms. AI can construct novel works through machine learning, using various self-learning algorithms that derive knowledge from data. AI art is the result of a collaboration between an artist and an AI system, but the level of autonomy can vary considerably, and the outcome relies heavily on the quality of the data the AI learns from. To create AI-generated art, artists use AI as a creative tool and work with algorithms to set up specific rules through which machines analyse thousands of images to comprehend a particular creation process, like a specific style or aesthetic. The algorithms then generate novel forms, shapes, figures, and patterns to produce new works. Besides machines, AI artists also collaborate with creative coders, statisticians, computer scientists, and neuroscientists to build machines that push the boundaries of human creativity.
The process of creating art will change the Art Industry
The major change is Artificial intelligence has emerged as a desirable collaborator in artistic creation. AI magic allows any (creative) one without technical art skills to create virtual visual works of art: the first step of physical artworks production process. What is an artist? Someone with a creative mind (ability to conceptualise dreamlike ideas, from abstract to realism) and technical artistic skills (transformation process of the concept into a tangible good). Now, those who have no technical artistic skills can use AI to create real artworks. And whatever might think those who shout to scandal, we talk here of real genuine artworks. From a high definition digital file, a 3D Texture Printer can generate stunning paintings, sculpture, drawings, etc. The final artwork will be scanned in 3D, transformed into a NFT to be on the Block Chain. This is the future of art, this is a incredible paradigm shift for the Art Industry, which does not mean the end of artists. At least not within a few years.
AI integrates all famous art movements and styles
Throughout history, artists have produced art in a variety of media and styles following different philosophies and ideals. Although labelling may often result in being reductive, different artistic tendencies or styles can be grouped in collective titles known as art movements. If speaking art seems like a discipline in itself to you, here we provide you with the top terms of art movements and styles, from Classicism to Futurism, from Baroque to Avant-garde.
We now provide limitless AI-generated bespoke artworks and mockups
In a luxury property project, whether it is a hotel, a condominium, a corporate office, a villa, etc., bespoke and/or purchased works of art are necessary to enhance the interior design and give the place its soul. This job is assigned to the Art Consultant, who is not an interior designer nor an architect nor an art curator. The Art Consultant is a bit of interior designer, architect, curator and artist, he is the creative who liaises with the Client's marketing director, the construction team and the artists. The Art Consultant is the one who comes up with an artistic vision to make the property "look and feel" unique of its kind by doing research, conceptualizing ideas and managing the project through to completion.
The trickiest part of the Art Consultant job is briefing the selected artists about the artworks to create. This brief consists in explaining his overall artistic concept; how this concept shall be implemented in the property (guest rooms, facilities and gardens); what are the client's expectations, the technical constraints and the deadlines for completion. From this point, each artist will start his work and this is at this stage that AI enters the game.
Indeed, the creative process is split in two different steps: The first one consists in creating mockups, that are drawings of what the final artwork will be. The second one, upon approval of the mockups by the client, the artist can proceed further with the creation of the final artwork. With AI, the Art Consultant has the power to bring his concept to life by creating the mockups himself. He can provide the interior designers with as many high definition stunning mockups and generate 3D perspectives and elevations to show how the artworks enhance the look and feel of the property.
AI magic gives any Art Consultant the opportunity to become digital artist. Therefore, with the help of 3D Printers, he can also create the final artworks, whether it's paintings with texture, sculptures, photographs, drawings, etc. Since printing is more affordable than acquiring real works of art for similar rendering, Clients will have more choices by mixing AI generated artworks with Artists generated artworks. This is a revolution since AI opens the field of endless possibilities.
How does art consulting and production management work?
PHASE 1: ART CONSULTING
Step 2: Development
- From the brief provided by the Client, we do research, conduct interviews and come up with an art concept.
Step 3: Specifications
- Refine the artwork concept further in line with feedback from client, operator and interior designer teams.
- Locate and identify all artworks (wall-hung, floor mounted and ceiling suspended).
- Review plans, elevations and FF&E selection to further refine the sizing and placement of the artworks.
Step 4: Mockup process
- Provide an artwork documentation package.
- Obtain all finalized floor plans and elevations of all areas as well as the developed FF&E specifications and confirm final sizing and locations of all artwork with interior designer.
- Liaise with lighting designer on the artwork locations and styles (i.e. 2D/3D) to ensure that art is properly lit and highlighted.
Step 5: Sourcing of Artists and "Machine Art" Producers
- Provide mockups using artificial intelligence (AI) programs for most of the artworks to create listed in the artworks package documentation. This is a very innovative way to improve the quality of our work, to optimize the process of the mockups approval and to check very upstream on what will be the artworks in-situ and their impact on the interior design. When it turns out that the use of AI is not relevant, we ask the artists to produce their own mockups.
- Search/select Artists and "Machine Art" Producers (such as 3D Printers) according to the style of the artworks to create, the budget allocated to the artworks, the type of property, the business strategy and marketing positioning of the Client..
- Ratio "Artworks commissioned" versus "Artworks purchased" depends on abovementioned criteria.
PHASE 2: PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Step 6: Procurement (purchase of artworks)
Step 7: Production (creation of artworks)
Step 8: Logistics (quality control and delivery on site)
Step 9: Installation (assistance)
Benefits of using Artificial Intelligence artwork images
- Extension of creativity: Artificial Intelligence (AI) "text-to-image" technology allows the Art Consultant to visually explore and test different art concepts before finding the matching one.
- Production of bespoke artworks mockups images bank: Artificial Intelligence (AI) generates hundreds and hundreds of mockups to choose from with a final render close to what the artworks will look like once installed in the property.
- Reducing art production budget: Artificial Intelligence (AI) allows mixing Artists and Machine Art Providers (3D printers for example) in order to reduce production cost and optimise the overall budget. There is no reason to spend lots of money in works of art when cheaper alternatives solutions provide the same quality.
Interested in Artificial Intelligence Images services?
Contact us if you need Artificial Intelligence Generated Images, such as artwork mockup, final artworks, blueprints, etc.